Monday, July 28, 2008

Workin out the Details!

Ok, It's official!! I have decided to go to Europe again next year!! (I must keep up with my going every 3 years and this will be my 4th trip since 2000.) I'm undecided on where to go though. Where I WANT to go is Vienna, Budapest and Prague. Now, I've decided that if I choose that trip then I'm going to go on a tour, since I don't speak any of those languages, although, I could probably ask how to get to "die toiletten" in Austria. I will also remember to have change ready to pay for the privilige of using their not so great facilities. I could also get "schnitzel" with noodles" there, just like on the Sound of Music, although, I get that all the time when I go to Siegfried's here in Salt Lake. Pros: I get to go where I want to. Go to countries that I haven't been to. Cost is less than other option. Cons: Do a tour which will mostly like be with a bunch of gray/blue-hairs. Don't get to plan the trip, must work with a specific schedule. Will feel like I will get the "Europe for dummies" if I do that tour. (Still want to do it though!)

Anyway, My other option is to do, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales. The deal with that is...Wales is in England which I've been to twice. (and have been close enough to Wales that I could see it.) I can speak the language, although with having been there twice am coming to the realization that there aren't many actual British people there. There were many, many different nationalities. Mostly Indian that I met though.. The pros, I can speak the language, and I can do everything myself (Book flights, hotels, etc-just like I did when Joe, and Ang and I went there last time.) Can take the um, I forget what it's called but the really fast train under the Channel to Paris for the day, (You guys know the train I'm talking about right? It's in Mission Impossible 1-It goes like 200 mph??) (I rode it from Paris to London in 2000)--- OR get a flight on easyjet that is like $30.The cons for that?? PRICE. No matter where I go, I'm going to be screwed because of the exchange rate but the UK is a million times worse than just the good 'ole EU.

So there you have it. I'm going to start looking up tours soon, and start saving money so I can have it paid off before I go. I need to decide the best time of year to go also. The first time I went, we went at the end of April and it was SUPER hot. Didn'a love that. The second time I went in February and the weather was awesome, cold but not like bitter like Idaho. The third time was in September, and the weather was BRILLIANT the entire time. Mabes I should go in Sept so I have longer to save money, and have a wonderful time in fabulous weather. Anyway, whoever wants to go is more than welcome to come. LOVE IT!!!
~Erin

1 comment:

Validations

Erin's the goods

Erin's the goods
Here I am