Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm scared!!!!

So yes, I know the title of this blog makes me sound like a weenie. I am a weenie because I am scared.

What am I, an adult scared of? Well, lots of stuff, but what I'm talking about is my appointment tomorrow. Well, one of my 3 appointments. I'm going to start my big day off tomorrow with an appt with a dietician in the McKay Dee Hospital, Next, I'm getting a fast-test on my metabolic____ syndrome something. Ok, so here is what I'm completely and totally scared of.

I'm getting my iron infusion tomorrow. I go in, I sit down next to other people getting chemotherapy, and they hook up my iron drip. I can't look at my arm or that side of my body. It totally and completely makes me sick and makes me get all lightheaded to the point of passing out (yes, that's right, just to LOOK at it.) This will be my 3rd infusion. The first one took six hours and when I got out of my car from driving back to West Jordan from Ogden, My legs collasped and when I hit the ground I went HARD. It took me like 10 min to go up 8 stairs to my bedroom because the iron pools in my ligaments and joints and they just lock. Then they ache. They hurt SO MUCH!! I got home at 10pm, took some pain killers and went to bed-I woke up the next morning, sore but fine.

The 2nd time, is why I am scared. I got it done earlier in the day,and they used a different kind of iron (Iron sucrose or Iron dextrose-not sure of the two, but different than the first time) but they like did Speedy Gonzalez and it was done in 2 hours. I came home from Ogden, struggled up my stairs, and then was stuck in my room for almost an entire 48 hours. I'm not kidding or exaggerating. It was HORRIBLE!! It made me cry to get off my bed to use the restroom. I didn't eat for like 36 hours. Nothing made it stop hurting. (I couldn't go up or down the stairs.) I had tylenol, Ibprofin 800's etc, NOTHING worked. So here I am the eve before the next one and terrified of being in that pain again. I'll let you know how it goes, probs, but I just AUGHHHH. I'm nervous. I hope I can sleep tonight.

On a Lighter Note: I went and saw X-Files the movie,with Jordan tonight. WHAT A JOKE. It was nothing like the show, and it didnt even have aliens in it. What a crock that was. I highly reccomend not seeing it. If you must see it, rent it, don't waste your time/money on seeing it in the theatre. I had a good time with Jordan though. Thanks pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Validations

Erin's the goods

Erin's the goods
Here I am