Monday, July 28, 2008
Oh ya, One more thing...
I forgot that I wanted to tell that on Friday I'm going to Ogden and first speaking with a dietician about my sweet Celiac disease and what it's doing to me, and then, after that, I'm in the hospital for most of the day I believe, they're doing a fast test on my ....ya, I can't remember, and then I'm getting my iron infusion. Now here's the deal with those. The first time they gave it to me, it took like 6-7 hours and it hurt really bad but after I went to sleep, I woke up fine. I got the bill and it was for $1600. (Ha-like I PAY that, but that's how much it would be w/out insurance.) The second time I went for it, I told my nurse from my G.I.'s office that if it was going to last until 8pm again, since I live in S.L.C they should just admit me because I'm not doing that again how they had it set up with the nurses continually turning up my drip because they wanted to go home and I was the last one there at 8pm. So, they gave me a different kind of iron last time, Now one is called Iron sucrose and one is called Iron Dextrose. All I know, is that it went through me SUPER fast, I was done in like 2 hours, and then couldn't move for TWO DAYS!! My whole body was SOO sore I didn't leave my bedroom for at least 24 hours because I couldn't walk up and down the stairs (my room in on top floor.) It hurt to get in and out of bed to use the restroom. When the bill came for that one it was $800. What the jimmy? Anyway, it's on Friday and i'm kind of scared for it. They hurt like a sow-afterwards. It was explained to me that the iron pools in your joints, muscles and ligaments, and everything swells up, and then I can't move. Wish me luck, I'm nervous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Erin's the goods
Here I am
No comments:
Post a Comment
Validations