I started taking the medicine consistently on Wed the 28th. Two days later,The 30th of May I was at work and my legs started itching. I was scratching it a lot, but I just figured it was my pants, since they are embroidered and somtimes I can feel the stitching on my leg. Saturday I was ok, it just itched a little bit. Sunday, I went to Ang & Josh's and I was like, Ang, Look at my leg! It looked like I had little bites or something all over it. It just got worse and worse, and by the time I got home from Benjamin, it was very itchy and it started to have a Burning feeling. (Seriously-it felt like my legs were burning up-and itchy.) I tried using Benadryll anti-itching gel, but it did NOTHING.
Monday I went to work, and once again, itchy as all get out. I got home, and started looking at my legs. They were ENORMOUS! They were totally swollen, plus I had such bad hives/rash. They also were burning off. I wish I could explain exactly how it feels (it's still not done). My legs felt like they'd been bitten by 10,000 mosquito's and then it felt like i was standing in the middle of a campfire. My friend came over, saw my legs and told me that I needed to get to the doc, immediately. We ended up going to the E.R. It was horrible. One I felt like a doof for being there, when there were people that were just slumped in chairs and couldn't walk.
The doctor finally came into the room to treat me, and said, "I have an mask because i have bronchitis and don't want you to catch my rash." Nice Freudien slip. Anyway, I showed her my rash, and I literally begged her, Please help me, it's burning and itching so bad. Please find out what is causing it, and make it stop! She asked me if I was taking anything (medicine.) I said yes, for my own bronchitis, but I wasn't sure what it was. I told her it was blue, I couldn't go out in the sun, etc. She said, oh it's doxyclyline hyclate and then said, that's for sure not the cause of yoru rash. I don't know what caused your rash, but here's some zertek for itching
The Third picture is from Tuesday of my leg. The fourth picture is from Thursday and the last picture is from today June 7th (Saturday) 8 days after its all begin. To make a SUPER long story semi-long. I Wanted to get a fork and scratch my legs and upper arms off every day of this week and I spoke with the pharmacist about it being the antibiotics, and they said it was not the medicine. I went to the medicine website on Thursday at work because I was going crazy. I was breaking out in tears at work every couple of hours because I was so frustrated and in pain. I would not wish this on anyone. This is what I found at the bottom of the website for side effects ...
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
so, it's Saturday, I haven't been on the anti-biotic for about 36 hours, and it's still burning and itching, but it's about 10 times less than what it was. I hate that emergency room doctor, i hate the pharmacist, and I hate bronchitis. That is a very long story, and I'm sorry if the pics gross you out, but I have been so unhappy and miserable this week, I just had to get it out!!
~E





Sorry to hear that you were sick. I have had it several times along with pneumonia(along with a few hospital stays because of it) not fun. Still on an inhaler. NO RASH though! That looks painful. I am sorry - thanks for the blog info too!
ReplyDeleteJenny
I'm sorry too, I just wish the doctor was smarter!!
ReplyDeleteERIN! Oh my gosh what worthless doctors. That pisses me off. I hope you are feeling better now.
ReplyDelete