Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Getting Tagged

So, my sister Jean wanted to Tag all of us sisters, I'm not really sure how this works. I'll pretend I know what I'm doing and here goes...

1. I ADORE traveling. I think pretty much everyone in my fam does, even my dad, although he has a weird way of showing it. (Branson, MO anyone?) It's my favorite thing to do in all the world. I've been to Canada and Mexico, England, France, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, and Italy. I've been all over America and just got back on Monday from Chicago. The major cities in the U.S I've been to, are New York, St. Louis, Denver, Chicago, Baltimore, D.C, Los Angelos, Barrow, AK (ok maybe not so major but still...), Phoenix, Cinncinatti, Santa Fe, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

2. When I get attached to something or somebody I'm an obcessive diehard. (Think the Unsinkable Molly Brown and Anastasia.) I just get so obcessed that I want to learn everything I can possibly about every detail of whatever it is I'm obcessed with. For instance, I love salt, and have been made fun of because I've read books about well, salt. Did you know salt used to be so coveted it was used as currency? See I'm a freak. :-)

3. I have celiac disease. I feel like it controls my life, istead of me controlling it. I hate it. (Have I mentioned how sick I am of eating salad everyday of my life?)

4. I worry that I will always be alone. I feel like I'll die alone, and miss out on the greatest oppurtunity/experience that I have always wanted, and that's to be a mom.

5. One of my favorite hobbies is reading. I'll just ditto Jean. I'm such a freak about books. I always have been. I remember that we had a book reading contest in the first grade and the goal was to read 30 books throughout the year to get an ice cream party. For each book read we got a heart that was put on the wall next to our name. My books that I read, totaled 82, and went around the room one and half times. I still have the "Star Reader" certificate from Mrs. Haun. It's only gotten worse. I especially love history/autobiographical/historical fiction.

6. I love going to the movies. I don't know exactly what it is about the movies, but it's almost like a little bit of magic happens for two hours, regardless of the movie. I like something about every movie I see pretty much, except for "The Fountain." That was the worst movie I've ever seen.

7. I love to learn. I love learning new stuff about well everything, and I can usually remember what I learn, especially odd strange facts. A friend of mine once said, "Frankly Erin, I'm shocked and appalled at the amount of useless knowledge you have in your head." Lukie-cakes, that was a direct quote. I Erin, am a fountain of useless knowledge.

8. I love/honor/and have so much respect my grandparents. All of my grandparents are/were amazing. I love hearing about them and what they've done/did in their lives. I have such great lineage. I have loved learning about my family history and am just amazed and in awe by all of them and what they have given up for their future generations.

9. I love emails and surveys. I know peeps get annoyed with them, but I'm always interested in people's answers and I think they should be as interested in mine too. I love them, usually the best from my fam, cuz they usually just put whatever they want as answers, and go off on tangents. Especially Hol and especially if it's about feeding.

10. I think reality TV is retarded except a few shows-Top Chef, and So you Think you Can Dance are my number ones. I love Doctor Who. (I just thought I'd throw that in there.) I got sucked into American Idol this season (I haven't seen it since Kelly Clarkson won) and I think I can't believe how many people are sucked into this dumb show.

Ok, I did my tagging and I have no idea if I did this right or wrong, or retarded or what, but if you think I did it wrong, to quote Grease, "Bite the wenie Rizz!" :-)

6 comments:

  1. I liked your random things about you Ern. You did a swell job and you have finally updated your blog for the first time in forever. God work, I enjoyed the reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ERn good work, you are the only person that did this. I enjoyed all your stuff you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed it? Does that mean you learned something new about me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um... you actually sat through "The Fountain"? How could you stand it! We didn't even make 10 minutes into it. ugh! That is 10 minutes of our lives that we will never get back. They have been sucked into the abyss. But loved reading about your reading habit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin,
    Got another TERRIBLE movie for you,
    Cloverfield. Nathan and I watched it this weekend. Pretty much made us sick. Literally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ern,
    I loved it!! I don't think I learned anything new, but it was fun to read anyway. I just like how you said your stuff, honest and good.

    ReplyDelete

Validations

Erin's the goods

Erin's the goods
Here I am