I got back on Monday from visiting my cousin Brandy in Chicago (Rockford), IL and while I was there we were able to go to Nauvoo. Oh my gosh. I LOVED it. I have been to Nauvoo before but it was about 10 years ago, and they hadn't annouced yet that the temple was going to be re-built when I was there. (It's been a long time.) The weather was perfect, except for a little bit of that Idaho wind that seems to follow me wherever I go. It was such a great time to be there because it was great weather, and it wasn't super busy, so everywhere we went it was like personalized for us only. It was so awesome. I went into the red brick store for the first time. It's owned by the Community of Christ (The re-organized church) and it was interesting to see and find out how much of Nauvoo they had. (I was told they own about a 1/3 of it.) What was also interesting was that you got charged admission for anything that had to do with them. To Tour the Mansion House, and all that jazz, you had to pay! You know the red Nauvoo bricks they (our church?) give everyone free? They were selling them for $2.50. Crazy eh? I have to admit I added to their coffers by buying an old-fashion bonnet. It is SOO cute and I love it. If Em ever read this, remember how we used to play Little House on the Prarie? Haha, I have my bonnett now, I'm good to go! I got some great (I think they're great.) pics of the temple, and I'm going to try to add it to this blog, but to be honest, I got a new digital camera and am not sure I know how. I'm dumb! I had a really good time with Brandy and her family, they were so cute! I must go, my stupid stomach is hurting, again as per usual. Peace!
~E
Erin,
ReplyDeleteYou travel the world! Your Nauvoo trip sounds incredible! I want to go there so so bad! I am glad you got to go and had a great time.
Ern, that's the goods. It makes me want to go back! But it was longer than 10 years ago that we went. I graduated from high school 8 years ago, and i wasn't even in high school yet when we went. haha It's been forever it seems like.
ReplyDeleteErn, sounds like you had tons of fun. I was reminded of all the memories of Nauvoo when I went there as well. It is so dang cool there, and there is so much to do and see. I'm glad that you had fun and enjoyed your trip.
ReplyDelete