Thursday, October 18, 2007

The B-I-G 30 and a little bit o' everything.

My Birthday is on Monday. I turn thirty years old. The thought makes me sick and well, ashamed. I'm going to be thirty and what do I have to show for my life? Well, let's see, I have no husband, and no kids. In that way, I feel like I am a total disappointment and failure. At least that is how I feel that other people see me.
I actually have a good job, the company I work for is great, they treat their employee's incredibly, they give me almost an entire month off a year, anyway it seems great in that direction. I'm going to school to get my degree because I was too dumb to do it when I graduated from high school. Some of it is actually hard, but for the most part it's actually just actually doing the work. I've kept my GPA at a 3.0 which isn't that great, but at least it's a B average I think???

I love and adore traveling. It's my favorite thing to do ever. I have gone to Europe 3 times and spent a total of about 7 weeks over there. I've been to England, France, Germany, Amsterdam, Belgium, Switzerland, and Italy. The most amazing places that I have been were the U.K., Germany, Switzerland and Italy. I still have yet to travel to Budapest, Prague and Austria. (At least those are the main places I want to go see) along with Ireland, and Scotland. I haven't been on a trip since last year at this time when I went to Europe for almost 3 weeks, and it's driving me CRAZY. I did just book a flight to go visit Hol (Sister) in Maryland for Thanksgiving, and Cin and Had and Jeterbug are going to come too, so I'm excited since that will be a real trip as well. HOORAY!!

A week ago from today I had to drive to Ogden for a doctor's appt and then also had to get an iron transfusion. To Quote the immortal Bart Simpson, "I didn't think it physcially possibe but this both sucks and blows."

They told me it was going to be two hours long. I was in the freaking hospital for 7 hours total...and it would of been longer, but the nurses kept turning up my IV to drip faster...why? Because they freaking wanted to go home and I was the only one there in the IV therapy room (Which is where like where people go for chemo etc) so I was in there with a bunch of freakin sick loonies that wouldn't stop yapping. The part that was the worst?? I sat in there with no magazines, no books, and they didn't even have a TV!! If I'd even know I'd be there w/out something to look out, I'd have brought a book, my portable DVD player, ANYTHING. So I sat there and froze and stared at the wall. Fun times, plus it totally jacked me up when I was done. I went so stiff (they did tell me it would pool in my muscles and ligaments) that when I got home and got out of my car my legs collapsed on me. FUN TIMES. It kind of sounds like I'm bitter, but I'm not really, I just haven't noticed a difference yet, and so it seems like a waste. It's been a week, how long does it take right??

I'm actually watching The Office as a write this. What a funny show. I've seen the British version a few time, and while i actually adore british humor (it's so different from us Americans) I like the American version better. Well, I'm going to go to bed, as soon as this is over, so I bid you adieu. Really though, I think this...PEACE OUT

2 comments:

Validations

Erin's the goods

Erin's the goods
Here I am